BCRPA Certification Steps
- Complete Infofit’s Fitness Theory Course
- Write & pass BCRPA fitness theory exam $110
- Complete basic CPR first aid course (8 hours)
- Submit copies of Fitness Theory passing exam grade, CPR first aid, and $99 registration fee to BCRPA.
- Receive 120 days of Insurance coverage to safely work with clientele and prepare for BCRPA ICE exam
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Training Basics (Weight Training Course)
- Complete BCRPA Weight Training Course Instructor Competency Evaluation (ICE)
Congratulations, you are now a Registered BCRPA Weight Room On-Floor Service Instructor!
You must complete 12 beginner-level programs for clients before you start the Personal training course.
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Trainer Course
- Pass BCRPA’s Personal Trainer’s Theory Exam
- Pass BCRPA’s Personal Trainer’s Practical Skills Examination (PFT ICE)
Congratulations, you are now a Provincially Registered BCRPA Certified Personal Trainer!
BCRPA Exams (4 Exams and 1 Registration)
|Course/Exam/Registration||Format||Time to Complete||Costs|
|Fitness Theory||60 Multiple Choice Questions||60 Minutes||$110.00|
|Fitness Leader Registration||Completion of CPR & First Aid, prior to Registering||n/a||$99.00|
|WT ICE Exam||Take home written exam to include program design scenarios and verbal assessment||120 Minute evaluation demonstrating exercises, stretches and teaching skills||$100.00|
|Personal Training||60 Multiple Choice Questions,|
15 match-up Questions and 1 Case Study
|PT ICE Exam||Take home written exam to include program design scenarios, business aspect design (Create client file, sample marketing material)||120 Minute evaluation demonstrating teaching skills for exercises, stretches and assessment protocols||$100.00|