Clinical Exercise Rehabilitation Specialist Workshop
Train the Cardiac Client – Cardiac Rehabilitation Workshop
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses that are designed for Personal Trainers with an interest in expanding their knowledge about Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation. In these courses, students will learn foundational knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the personal trainer on the following objectives:
- Demonstrating skill in accurately measuring heart rate, blood pressure, RPE, Talk test at rest, during a graded exercise SubMaxVO2 treadmill test and post-exercise.
- Developing and implementing an appropriate exercise prescription for stable “low-risk” individuals with cardiovascular disease
- Adapting exercise prescriptions for the cardiac client to accommodate physical disabilities and complications
- Instructing cardiac clients in self-management exercise techniques for performing physical activities safely and effectively in unsupervised exercise settings
- Enhancing fitness professionals’ self-confidence in their ability to work with cardiac clients by detailing the supportive scientific evidence and proven implementation strategies
- 18 years of age or older
- A basic comprehension of the English language
- A Certified Personal Trainer or equivalent
- BCRPA 7.0 Credits
- ACE 0.6 Credits
This course is a total of 7 instructional hours.
The primary instructional strategies for this course are lecture, small group cooperative learning activities, and interactive instructor presentations.
The student is not required to have a textbook for this program, but they will be provided with handouts that details the specific course content.
Students receive individual, constructive instructor feedback regarding their performance.
In Class workshops are $275.00 and Personalized are $495.00