Exercise and Cancer Survivorship CEC Course
Learn how the benefits of exercise can benefit cancer survivors
A Home Study Continuing education Course that provides evidence based information to help the Fitness professional use exercise to aid the cancer survivor with their recovery and rehabilitation.
This Course will:
- Discuss the general epidemiology of cancer, common screening practices, treatment strategies, and warning signs for recurrence.
- Identify side effects, signs, and symptoms associated with common cancers and treatment strategies.
- Explain and distinguish between lifestyle and heredity factors that influence mechanisms of cancer etiology.
- Discuss the physiologic and psychological attributes and benefits that may be improved by exercise training among cancer survivors.
- Obtain basic and medical history from cancer survivors and recognize how cancer and its treatments may affect components of fitness and fitness testing results.
- Describe the benefits and risks of safe exercise training in the cancer survivor, as well as possible exercise prescription/program modifications.
- Discuss the effects of cancer treatments on the nutritional health and needs of cancer patients and survivors.
- Identify and explain behavioral strategies that can enhance exercise and activity motivation and adherence for cancer patients and survivors.
- Recognize and respond to cancer-specific safety issues and emergencies, as well as complete incident documentation related to cancer-specific adverse events.
- Discuss essential operation, administration, and management roles and tasks within a cancer center, cancer treatment facility, and outpatient setting.
The exercise and Cancer Survivorship Course™ is perfect for health and fitness professionals (personal trainers, group fitness instructors, health/wellness coaches, sports nutrition specialists and athletic trainers) who want to dramatically increase their knowledge about Cancer and how exercise can benefit after a cancer diagnosis.
Electronic format — Exercise and Cancer SurvivorshipTM certificate package with a 60 question online test includes the eBook version of the 208-page ACSM’s Guide to Exercise and Cancer Survivorship Editor Melinda L. Irwin, PhD, MPH and a 74-page workbook provided in PDF format. Note: This course package is made available for immediate access and download after purchase. All materials for this electronic format course are available electronically. Nothing is mailed.