Free Personal Safety Class - Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
Jennifer from Krav Maga Force will be hosting a free personal safety class at Infofit on April 7th, 2022 from 7pm-7.45pm.
The class will be open to anyone (including non Infofit students).
Sexual harassment, assault and abuse can happen anywhere and anytime. Here are some Personal Safety Tips.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Put your phone down and pay attention to what is around you
- Do not plug in
Use your Voice
- If approached, speak up and say things such as “NO”, “BACK OFF”
- Commit to the voice being used. Project clear and loudly
- The best defense is to avoid any potential threatening situation from
- Project confident energy and empowering posture, make eye contact
Trust your “GUT”
- When you have “that feeling” that something isn’t right, your “GUT” is
talking to you. Trust it.
- When left with no option and you are confronted with an attacker, fight
If violence is unavoidable, fight back effectively so that you can
remove yourself from the situation and return safely home. CALL 911.
Jennifer Bajus is a Krav Maga Force, UFAF (United Fighting Arts Federation), and FIMA (Federation of Israeli Martial Arts) Black Belt and Personal Safety/Self Defense Instructor. She is also a Krav Maga Force Training Safety Officer (TSO), Krav Maga Force Combat Fitness Instructor, Certified BCRPA Personal Trainer and a TRX Suspension Trainer. Jen continues to practice and improve her skills in Krav Maga, Boxing, and Kickboxing on a regular basis. Her passion and love of martial arts set the path for her to take her skills and apply them in a relevant and meaningful way. She continues to help train and educate people from ages 11-70 years old and is a big advocator in creating awareness for Aprils Sexual Assault Awareness Month by offering community service training. Jen also trains and work with the Women’s Personal Safety Team at The Vancouver Police Department whereby their skill set are congruent with one another. Education and empowerment is priority in every single class and workshop. Follow along on Instagram and Facebook at “KravMagaForceFire”.