Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program
Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma
A career in the fitness industry as an advanced personal trainer
This personal training certification full time diploma program is designed for individuals wanting to pursue a career in the fitness industry as an advanced personal trainer or fitness instructor. This fitness program is recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Infofit is in compliance with the WorkSafe BC and the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders for physical distancing between students and staff. Infofit Fast Track, Personalized and Full Time classes are now in-person.
Please visit Infofit Standards of Safety https://www.infofit.ca/covid-19-standards-safety/
The schedule is below and the link to register for a specific course date, alternatively you can register via this button and we will call you to confirm your course date.
Apply for a Student Loan
Student Loans are available to Canadian Citizens and Landed Immigrants/Permanent Residents, enrolled in Infofit’s Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program, if they qualify. To be eligible, you must meet all the Student Loan criteria.
Students will pay $2500 to secure their spot, and then make 2 further payments during the course.
- Basic anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, exercise analysis, exercise safety, nutrition and the principles of conditioning for cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training.
- To perform a series of physical fitness assessments, a comprehensive health screening and heart disease risk profile assessment; develop a basic and advanced fitness programs for healthy individuals and those with special needs (e.g. diabetes).
- A wide variety of exercises, stretches and instructional methods during our practical skill development course (ATP2) that will help prepare them for work in the fitness industry. This 4-course program will take 12 weeks to completion.
Upon completion of the Personal Training Certification Full Time Program students will be able to:
- Assess clients’ heart disease risk profile and physical activity readiness
- Design and instruct a comprehensive, individualized, safe, effective and appropriate beginner to advanced exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals or special populations who have received medical clearance
- Ensure a safe exercise environment.
- Monitor participant progress and make regular adjustments to programs as needed.
- Design short and long-term programs based on BCRPA and ACE standards and guidelines.
- Refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with clients who have conditions that the Personal Trainer is not specifically accredited to address
The Personal Training Certification full-time program is offered during the week, Monday-Friday, with a total of 300 instructional hours.
Students can expect to perform 120 hours of homework over the course of the program (approximately 10 hours per week)
- Students who have graduated from high school (or equivalent) or
- Who have reached the age of 19 years prior to the start of their program
- The ability to speak and write English
- A passion for fitness
- INFOFIT Student Handbook
- Students of the Personal Training Certification course must pass all four exams in order to graduate from the program.
Progress & Assessment Methods:
Personal Training Certification Students will be assessed through periodic quizzes, homework assignments and final exams for each of the courses of the program (i.e. Fitness Theory, Personal Trainer Basics & Personal Trainer Comprehensive).
Personal Training Certification Students will need to complete a quiz at the end of each chapter of their course workbooks. There will be no grade given, the only requirement is that they complete the quiz by an established timeline; students receive in-class feedback regarding their answers.
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have assignments to complete by an established timeline; students will receive in-class feedback regarding their work.
Practical Skill Quizzes & Client Evaluation:
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have students complete a short quiz at the end of each phase of each practical skills course and receive an evaluation from a volunteer client. Each quiz requires a passing mark of 80%. There is no mark for the volunteer evaluation.
There will be four final exams:
- A one hour, 60-question multiple choice exam after the Fitness Theory course – passing grade 70%
- A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Basics Course – passing grade 75%
- A one-hour multiple choice exam after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 70%
- A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 75%
- Students are expected to attend 100% of the course instructional hours. Those that miss a section of the
course will be required to make this time up with a tutor.
- During weeks that include a statutory holiday and the school is closed, you will be required to make up for the lost hours during the same week. Your instructor will adjust the daily class hours to reflect this and you will be made aware of those hours in advance.
- Students are asked to wear black gym wear and running shoes.
Infofit’s Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training
Financial assistance available, if qualified. Learn More
Personal Training Certification Tuition is Tax Deductible, Infofit is a Certified Educational Institution and RESP’s are accepted.
Full Time Testimonials
Sherry McReynoldsSherry Reynolds Momentum Fitness
Personal Trainer Diploma Program was in depth and rewarding
Infofit's full time Personal Trainer Diploma Program was in depth and rewarding. The staff and teachers make you feel as though you are part of a tight-knit community. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go above and beyond to help you with any questions you migh...
Tony FuTony Fu Momentum Fitness
Jon & Lisa I Just wanted to let you know that I passed my ACE Certification exam with flying colors!!
I'm officially a certified personal trainer!!
I want to take the time to thank you for all of you for your time, patience, enthusiasm, and effort in teaching me.
This past three months just zipped by so fast, and e...
Amazing instructors and surrounding staff at Infofit!Jonathan Hutchings
Well next week is my last of the full time Personal Training Certification program at INFOFIT. I've been weight training approximately 15 years yet learned so much new info through this course. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone whether wanting to become a trainer or simply furthering ones fitness knowledge.
- Workbook for each level of training (3 steps)
- ACE Manual Set 6th edition
- Strength Training Anatomy Book
- The Great Anatomy Coloring Book
- Getting Started Forms
- Infofit tote bag