Plyometrics, Jump Higher – Spice Up Your Cardio and Workout Routine
Why Do Plyometrics?
Plyometrics are generally used to improve athletic performance, but, they can also be used to improve fat loss, strength and endurance.
Jump higher, Sprint faster, Cut Harder
From an athletic perspective, plyometrics are almost always the name of the game. From a functional perspective, it may be part of the answer to keeping people healthier and safer as they get older.
Also known as plyos, jump, shock, and explosive training, or high-impact exercise (for the general fitness crowd), it’s been in use for many levels of training for a long time.
The big, question is… “Are we using them appropriately?”
In this half day workshop, presented by Faolan Dunphy, we will explore:
- What is plyometrics???
- Why use this type of training?
- What physical qualities is it designed to improve?
- Is it safe for all clients? How do I know when, and how much to use it?
- How to structure it into programs for athletes and general fitness clients.
- How to monitor fatigue during performing these exercises.
What to know more? Join Faolan, and learn how plyometrics can help develop maximum power and strength for you and your clients.
Presenter: Faolan Dunphy, NSCA, NCCP, BKin, HKin, BCRPA-TFL
Date: Sunday November 4th, 2018
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Infofit Education Centre 105- 1687 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V6J 1X2