Developing Agility and Quickness for Sport Performance
Learn physical and cognitive components of speed and agility training.
This continuing education home study course, Developing Agility and Quickness for Sport PerformanceTM , is perfect for health and fitness professionals (personal trainers, athletic trainers , group fitness instructors, and coaches) to help their athletes perform to new heights. You will learn top training advice, drills, and programs for optimizing athletes’ movements, linearly and laterally.
A must have resource for developing winning athlete specific and sport-specific training programs.
- learn physical and cognitive components of speed and agility training.
- relevant to most all sports
- addresses improving quickness of foot and change of direction speed, perceptual and decision making factors.
- developing rapid force high power output
- explosive movement
- athletes achieve advanced performance
- over 100 drills to help develop comprehensive, safe, and effective training programs
The textbook for the program is Developing Agility and Quickness by Jay Dawes and Mark Roozen, Editors, (which you purchase separately in your chosen format from Amazon or another bookseller.)
Digital Format – Included with Course:
- workbook provided in PDF format.
- multiple choice, online test
- Instructions for completing obtaining CECs are included in PDF format.
Note: The workbook and test instructions for this course are made available for immediate access and download after purchase. Nothing is mailed.
1. Examine how agility and quickness impact sport performance.
2. Recognize and investigate the factors that affect agility and how to advance these attributes.
3. Describe how perceptual and decision-making skills impacts agility performance.
4. Explain methods for evaluating, assessing, and monitoring agility and quickness.
5. Identify and describe a minimum of 5 drills for developing agility.
6. Identify and describe a minimum of 5 drills for developing quickness.
7. Discuss the key foundations of designing agility and quickness programs.
8. Utilize the key foundations of agility and quickness program to sport-specific training.