Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist
This course provides an extensive in-depth view into the emergent science and philosophy of sports nutrition. Students will learn how to combine genomically compatible food with controlled exercise and fitness to improve exercise tolerance, athletic performance and optimize body composition. Students will develop the expertise needed to design personalized nutrition protocols for clients with a wide variety of fitness, health and sport related objectives. The course also explores the judicious use of dietary supplements for health and performance, epigenetics, healthy aging and life extension. Anyone interested in offering holistic sports nutrition, fitness and human performance advise to their clients should enrol in this unique and specialized program. It is truly holistic and dedicated to the philosophy of natural medicine and functional health.
Infofit’s Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist graduate is in high demand. Students who complete this course can find work as a Personal Trainer specializing in Holistic Sports Nutrition or branch out into many related health and fitness fields. Student graduates work as personal trainers, health food store retailers, gym owners, group fitness instructors, sales reps, nutrition advisors, dietitians, health professionals and athletic coaches.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Utilize whole natural food and supplements as tools for enhancing athletic performance and improving body composition
- Utilize natural food as a clean energy source and as a primary fuel to stabilize blood sugar and prevent sugar cravings
- Create a practical nutrition protocol and healthy dietary regimen for clients
- Describe the role and function of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids in health and disease
- Recommend the use of specific natural health products to enhance energy, elevate metabolism, repair injuries and improve exercise recovery
- Understand the basic biochemistry of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Teach clients when and how to eat to help improve their capacity to exercise
- Use the science of body typing to help clients understand the uniqueness of their own body and how it responds individually to food and exercise
- Determine the protein requirements of any individual or athlete
- Use food and supplements to reduce inflammation, optimize body composition and reduce body fat
- Recognize the effects of stress and exercise on the structure and function of the human body
- Comprehend the importance of muscle and its relationship to health and the immune system
- Describe the process involved that causes Sarcopenia and muscle weakness
- Know the difference between empty calories and food that heals the body
- Discuss a wide range of therapeutic dietary options with clients
- Recognize the difference between a food or diet that is acid or alkaline forming
- Teach clients about glycemic index, glycemic load and carbohydrate density
- Compare any national diet or food pyramid to the known facts and science of nutrition
- Understand the basic principles behind Functional and Naturopathic Medicine
- Recognize the detrimental effects of sucrose, fructose and refined sugar on human health
- Create a pre- and/or post-workout protein shake using supplements proven by research to be reliable and safe to enhance workout capacity and improve recovery
- Recommend specific nutrition protocols to reduce inflammation and accelerate wound healing.
- Teach the psychology that must be developed and cultivated to achieve and sustain ideal bodyweight.
- Help ‘hard gainers‘ to gain muscle and bodyweight with optimum nutrition, dietary supplements and the right training and exercise strategy
- Educate clients on the differences between lifespan, life expectancy and health span
- Talk to anyone about the multiple benefits of both fitness and nutrition
- Dispel many of the common myths associated with what food and supplements can and cannot do
- Teach clients important life principles that pertain to the management of personal health and wellness as a lifestyle
The course is delivered as recorded instructor led, online lecture format. Students will need computer with internet access. Students can begin any time and go at their own pace.
Tuition also includes 4 hours of one-on-one tutoring that students can book (within 12 months of course registration) to ask specific questions about the course material.
The admission requirements for this program are as follows:
- Must be 16-years of age
- Students must be able to speak and understand English as the course is taught in English
- INFOFIT Student Handbook
- Program Outline
Student will receive access to the audio files of the completed lessons as well as the instructors’ teaching presentation material. No textbook is required.
Continuing Education Credits
240 BCRPA CEC’s
The Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist program is offered via Infofit’s online learning portal, with a total of 105 instructional hours completed at the students’ pace.
After each classroom session the student will be required to read over the presentation notes discussed during that lesson. Approximate total number of reading time in hours is 40 hours.
Student Progress/Assessment Methods
Student performance will be evaluated based on class attendance, discussion and interaction with the teacher and completion of all classroom exams including the final.
Students are expected to have competed 100% of the online lessons.
The course consists of 3 Modules, there will be a 55 question timed exam after each module. These 3 exams will make up 100% of the course mark
Students will need to get 70% overall mark to graduate from the course and receive the credential
Upon successful completion of the entire Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist program, Infofit will provide each student a Certificate of Graduation. Students must complete all course requirements to receive the Certificate of Graduation and credit for this course.
Financial assistance available, if qualified. Learn More
Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist Tuition is Tax Deductible, Infofit is a Certified Educational Institution and RESP’s are accepted.
Infofit’s Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist Program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training
|Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist|
|Course Dates||Days & Times||Cost||Location|
|Start Anytime, Self Paced||Online Program||$1995.00||Online Home Study Course, Self Paced|