SrFit Mature Fitness Program
Focus on Senior Fitness
The SrFit™ Mature Fitness Home Study Program is a 20 hour program offered in a distance learning format, provides research based continuing education for health and fitness professionals who wish to learn more about senior fitness.
You will learn:
- how the aging process affects all the systems in the body
- identify dietary needs
- develop effective training strategies.
You will learn to:
- prevent, improve and manage many chronic diseases
- improve flexibility, endurance, strength
- obtain optimal health for Baby Boomer & beyond (mid 40’s & older)
Work with the ever-growing senior population
SrFit™ Course Objectives
- To instruct already certified and experienced personal trainers so they are able to build upon their existing knowledge and skill to safely and effectively work with the ever-growing senior population, and more specifically teach the trainer to:
- Learn and appreciate how the aging process impacts the organ systems, as well as understand the risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- Identify dietary changes that may be needed as a result of aging, and also recognize how diet is related to the different chronic diseases that become more apparent as people age.
- Gain knowledge of safe and effective training techniques for the older adult, including guidelines specific to older adult flexibility, endurance and strength training.
- Be aware of and be capable of conducting comprehensive senior health assessment and fitness testing procedures.
- Understand chronic diseases and be able to design and modify programs for clients with specific chronic diseases.
- Identify with what motivates the older adult and discover how to create an age friendly environment.
Become skilled at finding and appealing to senior clients, in addition to discovering ways to build your credibility and establish yourself as an expert in the field of senior fitness.
SrFit™ Course Materials:
- 384 Page Ebook PDF (manual)
- 90 page Eworkbook PDF
- Sample Test PDF
- Instructions for completing the online examination and obtaining CEU credit are also included.
Upon purchase of the course, we will email all the course materials to you. Once you are prepared to take the test, you go on line to complete the 100-question multiple choice test. Upon passing the test (80% score or better), you will be emailed a pdf of your certificate to you.
- core certification in personal training, group exercise, or athletic training
- SrFit™ does not require renewal fees or CECs. Instead, it is a CEC program that is used to renew a core certification
In Canada and the United States; SrFit™ is recognized as an continuing education course by BCRPA, NASM, NSCA and More.
As this is a home study course and your course is sent out after purchase, there are no refunds on the course.