Clinical Exercise Specialist Workshop - Training the Aging Population
Training the Aging Population Rehabilitation Workshop
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses that are designed for Personal Trainers with an interest in expanding their knowledge about Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation. In these courses, students will learn foundational knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the personal trainer on the following objectives:
- Outline the anatomical and physiological changes that occur with age
- Explain the fitness professional’s scope of practice when working with this population
- Teach testing protocol for balance, flexibility, functional strength and aerobic capacity
- Provide suggestions when working with visual, auditory, neurological challenges
- Provide suggestions working with those with Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Teach the do / don’t of training the aging client
- Provide you with program design strategies for balance, flexibility, resistance training and aerobic exercise.
- The attendee will leave this session with greater confidence in your ability to work with the aging client
- 18 years of age or older
- A basic comprehension of the English language
- A Certified Personal Trainer or equivalent
- BCRPA 7.0 Credits
- ACE 0.7 Credits
This course is a total of 7 instructional hours. Schedule is below.
The primary instructional strategies for this course are lecture, small group cooperative learning activities, and interactive instructor presentations.
The student is not required to have a textbook for this program, but they will be provided with handouts that details the specific course content.
Students receive individual, constructive instructor feedback regarding their performance.
In Class workshops are $275.00 and Personalized are $495.00
|In person||TBD||10am-6pm||Vancouver||7 BCRPA
5 PE CMTBC
|Personalized||Scheduled with your availability||Time to be agreed upon||Vancouver or Online||7 BCRPA
5 PE CMTBC