Infofit COVID 19 Standards of Safety Notification
Infofit Standard of Safety
The safety of our clients and students has always been a top priority, and we’re even more focused on it now. We have made some changes to how we operate – all designed to keep our clients, students, trainers, staff and teachers safe. What follows is Infofit’s plan that we will adhere to for the foreseeable future. This plan is subject to change based on the requirements from the CDC and the Canadian Government. Here are all the changes you can expect:
Our Cleaning Process
Staff will use a disinfectant on all areas and all pieces of equipment before and after each use.
Staff and students will be required to wear masks when on school property.
Before Your Class or Session
Every Infofit staff member and instructor will have their temperature checked before their shift. We will check the temperature of students and clients as they enter the classroom or gym. Anyone who has a chronic cough, breathing discomfort, or has a temperature over 99.9F or 37.7C degrees will be asked to go home, and contact your physician immediately.
We will require all students and clients complete a verbal COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire upon arrival.
Students and clients will be required to wash their hands as soon as they enter the building and encouraged to do so upon exiting. We will have hand sanitizer available in the classroom and gym as usual.
We highly suggest bringing only the necessities to class and your sessions.
Personal Training Sessions at Prime Gym
Infofit clients will have exclusive use of the back space of Prime Studio for all your training sessions. This space is reserved only for Infofit clients. Maximum 2 Infofit trainers and 2 clients will be in that space together.
Social Distancing is Here to Stay
We’ve put a lot of changes in place – with details beyond what you see here. The way our new safety process will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in it.
Please make sure to practice social distancing when in close shared spaces like locker rooms and washrooms. Follow the markers placed around the classroom and gym to maintain a safe distance.
If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to Infofit until you’re symptom-free and fever-free for 7-days.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to Infofit for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in, please stay home and stay safe. We’ll happily welcome you back when you’re healthy and feel comfortable coming back.
In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 at Infofit and you were potentially in contact with the individual, you’ll be notified immediately. From there, we’ll take the proper safety precautions.
With no way to predict what will happen, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops—with nothing but your safety in mind.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at [email protected] or 604-683-0785. Infofit staff is always here to help, from a safe distance.
Infofit COVID 19 Safety Plan
Cleaning and Hygiene
- Students are required to wash their hands before entering the classroom before each time they enter the classroom, after breaks and lunch. Student will be required to wash their hands again before beginning the practical component of the course. Clients are required to wash their hands before going on the gym floor and before leaving the facility.
- Classroom tables will be cleaned and sanitized by the teachers at the end of each day and before the start of the next day. Each piece of gym equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before use and after each use by the trainer. Common areas and surfaces including light switches, telephones, desks and door handles will be cleaned and sanitized twice daily by admin staff.
Client and Student Safety
- Students and clients will be spaced out 2 meters apart. The number of students and clients will be monitored so the distance can be safely maintained.
- We have established capacity limits for the classroom and gym
- Students and teachers will be required to wear face coverings, provided by Infofit, while in the classroom. They will be told how to properly use their face coverings and be monitored by Infofit senior managers to ensure face coverings are worn properly at all times in the classroom.
- When speaking with clients during scheduling and appointment reminders, clients will be reminded to consider:
- Rescheduling if they become sick, are placed on self-isolation, or have travelled out of the country within the last 14 days.
- Clients will be emailed intake forms that so they can complete them prior to arrival.
- Clients will be charged with contactless forms of payment i.e. credit card via the online scheduling platform
- The Infofit website has posted information on modifications made to our location and appointment visit procedures.
- All clients and students will be screened when they check-in for their appointment by asking if they have symptoms associated with COVID-19, have been advised to self-isolate, or have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days. Clients or students that respond in the positive will be asked to leave and reschedule the appointment when deemed clinically appropriate.
- Where possible, payments will be accepted through contactless methods.
- Infofit staff will be positioned at least two meters from the client.
- During practical components for the class and during personal training sessions, clients will be positioned at least two meters apart and shared equipment is cleaned and disinfected between uses by clients.
- Effective hand hygiene will be used between each client by washing hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number).
- Commonly touched surfaces and shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after contact between individuals, even when not visibly soiled.
- Towels or any other items contacting a client will be laundered between each use.
Our workplace policies ensure workers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace. Employees’ temperatures will be taken each morning before shift. If anyone feels ill or has a temperature, they will be asked to leave immediately. They will be told to follow the guidelines of the provincial health officer and the BC CDC, which are:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
Our policy addresses workers who may start to feel ill at work. It includes the following:
- Sick workers should report to admin office, even with mild symptoms.
- Sick workers will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands, provided with a mask, and isolated.
- The worker will be asked to go straight home. [Consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, or call 811 for further guidance related to testing and self-isolation.]
- If the worker is severely ill (e.g., difficulty breathing, chest pain), call 911.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces that the ill worker has come into contact with.
- All visitors will be required to complete the visitor health questionnaire prior to admittance.
Communication Plans and Staff Training
All students, staff, and clients will be asked a series of questions and have their temperature checked upon arrival to the facility. Should they answer “yes” to any of the questions, they will be asked to leave immediately and follow the protocol of PHO. All workers have received the policies for staying home when sick
- Signage regarding effective hygiene and handwashing, COVID 19 safety and proper distancing is posted throughout the facility
- We have posted signage at the main entrance indicating who is restricted from entering the premises, including visitors and workers with symptoms.
- All staff has been trained on the procedures.
Monitoring Our Workplace and Updating the Plan as Necessary
As things change and evolve, we realize there will be different areas of this plan that will require modification and/or improvement. All Infofit staff is encouraged to speak freely about ideas, concerns and improvements to the plan. All ideas can be either emailed or spoken directly to Della or Andre.
Infofit protocols and policy will change based on the advice of local public health authorities, which may change based on the level of local transmission of COVID-19
Infofit has in place Cleaning, Sanitizing and Physical Distancing protocols which are communicated to all students and staff
Non-medical masks are required for staff when close contact is required. Students are required to wear Non-medical masks anytime when on school property.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
The following protocols provide guidance regarding cleaning and disinfecting:
Infofit will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the BCCDC’s Cleaning and Disinfectants for Public Settings.
Frequent sanitizing will focuses on cleaning high traffic areas and high-contact surfaces, such as doors and cabinet handles, stair railings, washrooms, shared office spaces, desks, keyboards, light switches, communications devices, equipment, and common areas.
Shared items, where cross-contamination is possible, have been removed (e.g. water stations).
The washrooms are stocked with adequate hand-washing facilities and its location is visible and easily accessed. Sanitizer is placed throughout the classroom and facility.
Faculty, staff and students are required to wash their hands, upon arriving on campus, before and after breaks, before and after handling common gym equipment.
The Cleaning staff have adequate instruction, training, materials and supplies (e.g., soap and water/hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes).
Washroom capacity has been limited to ensure physical distancing.
Students are encouraged to disinfect their work areas before and after use, as well as all gym equipment.
Class size has been limited to allow for social distancing.
Students are required to wear non-medical masks or cloth face coverings during both the in-class as well as the practical portions, gym experience, of the program
Practical And In-Person Instruction
Infofit has developed safety plans to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Infofit Instructors and students will receive orientation procedures prior to using the Gym.
Students are required to practice physical distancing, in conjunction with enhanced hand hygiene and cleaning protocols.
Infofit will restrict the number of people within the physical space at any given time. The capacity is posted in each area.
Students are seated as far apart as practical when in-person (e.g. every other seat in classroom has been removed, markers placed on the floor in hallways, desks are sapced appropriately).
If Faculty, Staff Or Students Develop Symptoms While At The Institution:
Academic Concessions For Students Isolating
Students who would normally attend campus but are self-isolating as a result of the daily self-assessment process, or who reside with someone who needs to self-isolate, may request academic concession due to missed classes or course requirements. Formal requests for accommodation will continue to be managed through the processes outlined in Infofit’s Student Handbook.