LIVE WELL Exercise Clinic
Position Available: Full and Part-time FITNESS TRAINER
LIVE WELL Exercise Clinic is a growing medical fitness clinic based in North Vancouver, BC that offers it employees a chance for meaningful work in the health and fitness industry. At LIVE WELL, our fitness trainers work as a team with clinical exercise professionals learning how to move beyond training healthy populations, to helping htose that need exercise the most. If you have a passion for health and exercise and want your work to make a difference in people’s lives, LIVE WELL might be the place for you.
Who are we?
LIVE WELL Exercise Clinic is a first of it’s kind medical fitness clinic that bridges the gap between traditional gyms and hospital-based rehabilitation. We were founded in Vancouver, BC in 2011 and have grown to 18 locations across Canada with new locations opening all the time. We see people for prevention of chronic disease as well as for treatment and maintenance of chronic conditions. Our members come in all ages and sizes with the common goal of living healthier lives.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for compassionate, energetic exercise professionals to join our team. Because our staff work so closely with our members, we are looking for naturally caring people who have great interpersonal skills and who are pasionate about working with people with a range of health issues. Our staff thrive in a busy environment and love being challenged to come up with ways to make their sessions fun and engaging for their members.
Your responsibilities in this job?
- Providing health education to small groups of members
- Designing indiviudalized exercise programs based on clinical recommendations
- Progressing exercise programs to help members meet their health goals
- Supervising small group training sessions
- Collecting vital measurements such as blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugars
- Creating a safe and supportive environment for members
- Smiling, laughing and genuinely having fun with your co-workers and members!
What qualifications do you need?
- A degree in kinesiology or a fitness certification is required
- Valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A desire to add your expertise and energy to a young, fun and fast-growing new healthcare company.
- This work would qualify as clinical hours for sitting the ACE-CMES, ACSM-CCEP, CSEP-CEP exams
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! There are no sales quotas to hit or member recruitment involved. Join us to do what you love, changing people’s lives through health and fitness.
Please email us at: [email protected]