Assistant Fitness Manager
Team Fitness is seeking a leader who is committed supporting a high performing team and passionate about engaging with the community as our Assistant Fitness Manager.
Team Fitness is an exclusive, private personal training studio located in North Vancouver, BC. Our team of Fitness Coaches practice what they teach and follow a team approach supporting clients to reach their fitness goals. Our mission is to help our clients Feel Better, Look Better, Live Better!
You must be outgoing, hardworking, business minded, service oriented, and have a passion for supporting people through their fitness journey.
Are you a difference maker? A creative solution focused person? Are you passionate about health, wellbeing and fitness? Do you have what it takes? Then we encourage you to join our team.
The Assistant Fitness Manager assists the Owner of Team Fitness to oversee and manage business operations to ensure high quality fitness experiences for all members and clients. The Assistant Fitness Manager is responsible for the execution of certain business operations and the implementation of business strategies as determined by the Owner.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor and update client training schedules
- Track and maintain membership renewals to grow client base
- Plan membership engagement and outreach activities
- Develop and publish weekly fitness newsletters and daily social media updates
- Oversee fitness studio operations (equipment maintenance and supplies)
- Manage customer service channels (email, telephone, in person)
- Provide operational support for fitness trainers
- Act as primary point of contact for all front-office fitness studio enquiries
- Oversee and supervise all point-of-sale (POS) operations
- Monitor fitness club facilities and proactively resolve deficiencies as required
- Conduct inventory reception and control activities per company policies
- Implement market research and design business promotion products
- Promote and sell business products and services
- Administer day-to-day business operations, budgeting, marketing and sales activities
- Minimum 1 year experience in fitness, personal training, health and wellness, or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in office administration, sales, marketing, or related field
- Knowledge of personal training and fitness industry
- Experience with computer-based point of sale systems
- Experience operating office equipment including computers, and printer/fax
- Experience with web-publishing and design is an asset
- Strong computer proficiency including PC (Microsoft Word/Excel) and Apple OS applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Possess a strong proactive and customer service mindset
- Strong brainstorming, problem-solving, resourcefulness and creativity
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Clear and concise communication skills – both written and oral
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Minimumhigh school diploma, or GED equivalent
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Sciences, Kinesiology, Nutrition, Sport Management or a related field is an asset
- Valid British Columbia Class 5 Drivers Licence
- First Aid certification (Standard First Aid with CPR C + AED)is an asset
- Fitness or wellness certification is an asset
- Ability to perform duties of this job with long periods of sitting
- Physical effort required for daily duties including lifting heavy weights, bending, reaching, standing, sitting, squatting, and walking
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Noise levels may be occasionally loud (fitness equipment, music etc)
- Flexible work schedule may be required to support business operations
Applications can be submitted to [email protected]
Qualified applications welcomed, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.