The Super Food Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Improves Digestion
With obesity sitting in the forefront of North America’s medical concern, there are still so many misconceptions about fat. Did you know Coconut Oil is a super-food? It boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance. The nutritional value in coconut oil also improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
The nutrition benefits of Coconut Oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is claimed to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
It helps in fighting harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia. As a result of these various health benefits of coconut oil, though its exact mechanism of action was unknown, it has been extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system.
With society shifting toward a clean diet, cooking and consuming the super food coconut oil daily helps improve your health and will protect it for life.
Wide Range of Nutrition Benefits
Published studies in medical journals show that coconut may provide a wide range of nutrition benefits. Listed are some below:
- Kills a variety viruses including the ones that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS and AIDS.
- Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Kills yeasts and fungi that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- Known to expel or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
- A nutritional source of quick energy.
- Relieves symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
- Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis.
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones, teeth and protect against osteoporosis.
- Relieves symptoms associated with gallbladder disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers and improves digestion and bowel function.
- Reduces inflammation, supports tissue healing and repair.
- Aids immune system function.
- Super heart healthy; protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease and improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
- Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Functions as a protective antioxidant.
- Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.
- Does not deplete the body’s antioxidant reserves like other oils do.
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
- Reduces epileptic seizures.
- Helps prevent liver disease and protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Supports thyroid function.
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems by increasing metabolic rate.
- Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.
- Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.
- Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin by reducing symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Prevents dandruff, wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
- Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.