Wild Bench Press
Unique Core Conditioning
This exercise is a unique way to perform a Bench Press that will work your chest and condition the core muscles.
Bench Press that will work your chest and condition the core muscles
1. With the help of a spotter, begin the bench press with a manageable light weight
2. Warm up by engaging the required motor units to execute the exercise
3. Un-rack the bar, then lower to a 90* (at the elbow) isometric hold
4. Twist the lower torso from side to side in a controlled manner while engaging your core
5. You may also include alternating leg extensions (i.e. bicycle kicks) in order to condition the core in a different manner.
Please note: This is an advanced exercise and should not be performed by those who are beginners and/or have limited conditioning. Condition the specific muscles and/or movement patterns required to perform the exercise BEFORE attempting this exercise. Do not attempt if you have lower back injuries.
André Noël Potvin, M.Sc, CES, CSCS, TFL, is a Clinical Exercise Specialist and Owner of Infofit , North America’s Premier School for Fitness Professionals